Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Beowulf's death

Hah!  I feel like I have won this war between Beowulf and me.  He has taken his last breath.  Eve though it wasn’t actually me that killed him, some sort of monster, evil demon has. The dragon wounded him before he was defeated, and there was a lot of questioning whether or not he would make it.  Thanks to Wiglaf, he made it through the battle, but couldn’t make it another year.  The thing I question is this: Why do they still honor him?  He was a hypocrite, only in it for the glory.  Is that really the kind of man they want to honor?  If so then I could be their leader even though I am a woman.  They honor them for turning against their God by fighting for his own selfish reasons, but scorn me for fighting for my son.  What kind of society are they living in?  They steal the dragon’s treasure, but don’t even use it; they just put it in the grave with Beowulf.  Did he even deserve any of that?  He fought for selfish reasons, evil reasons.  Beowulf was supposed to represent all that was good, but, if you ask me, desire, greed and fame are not “good”.  Either way, he is dead, and that was one of my greatest desires.  Now I feel as if maybe evil can win another time.
http://wireless.ign.com/dor/objects/14329917/good-vs-evil/images/good-vs-evil-iphone-preview-20090313010504077.html

No comments:

Post a Comment